This website is operated and provided by Cheesecake Energy Ltd (“Cheesecake Energy“, “we“, “us“, “our“) having its registered office at Ingenuity Centre, Triumph Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG7 2TU, Nottingham, NTT, NG7 2TU, United Kingdom. We are a data controller for the purpose of Data Protection Legislation (as defined below).
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and handling your information in an open and transparent manner.
What personal data do we collect and process?
The personal data we collect and process may include:
- your name and job title;
- your contact information such as your email address and telephone number (or any telephone number used to call Cheesecake Energy);
- your postings on any other social media applications and services that we provide;
- your demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests;
- your IP address, your browser type and language;
- information about your visit to our website, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs) and methods used to browse away from the page;
- if you are applying for a job at Cheesecake Energy your date of birth, personal characteristics such as gender, your right to work, visa status educational and professional qualifications and previous employment history and any other personal data you disclose during your application;
- further information necessarily processed in a project or contractual relationship with Cheesecake Energy or voluntarily provided by a relevant individual such as personal data relating to orders placed, payments made, requests, and project milestones;
- personal data collected from publicly available resources, integrity data bases and credit agencies; and
- if legally required to collect Know Your Customer / Anti Money Laundering information from relevant individuals.
How we collect your personal data
We collect information from you when you submit personal data via the Cheesecake Energy website (e.g. the contact us section or to sign up to our newsletter) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise or when you submit a job application to Cheesecake Energy.
We also collect and store personal data that you otherwise provide to us in the course of any business relationship you may have with us.
Depending on your settings or the privacy policies for social media and messaging services such as Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram you might give us permission to access information from those accounts or services.
Like most websites, we use “cookies” to help us make our site – and the way you use it – better. Cookies mean that a website will remember you. They’re small text files that sites transfer to your computer (or phone / tablet). They improve website use and speed – for example by automatically filling your name and address in text fields. There are more details in our section on Cookies below.
How we use your information
Our primary purpose in collecting user information is to administer the day to day running of our company and to administer our business relationships.
We use your information for the following specific purposes:
- for internal record keeping.
- for market research purposes;
- to contact you by email, phone, fax or mail in the context of our business relationship;
- planning, performing and managing our contractual relationships;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to consider your application where you have applied for a position with us;
- to send you our newsletter or updates about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided;
- to ensure compliance with legal obligations (such as record keeping obligations), export control and customs, compliance screening obligations (to prevent white-collar or money laundering crimes), and Cheesecake Energy policies or industry standards; and
- to solve disputes, enforce our contractual agreements and to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
Legal grounds for using your personal information
The law permits us to process your personal data in the way that it does because the processing is:
- necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests that we pursue, which are to run and administer our business, to discharge our legal obligations to store and disclose information where necessary and to evaluate, develop and improve our goods / services and for the purposes set out in this Policy; and/or
- necessary for the performance of our contract; and/or
- necessary in order to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
Sharing your information
- other companies in the Cheesecake Energy group of companies;
- third parties which provide services to Cheesecake Energy which process personal data for the purpose of providing such services;
- analytics and search engine providers that may assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the Cheesecake Energy website;
- courts, arbitration bodies, law enforcement authorities, regulators or attorneys if necessary to comply with the law or for the establishment, exercise or defense of rights or legal claims;
- other third parties for those purposes that may be reasonably ascertained from the circumstances in which the information was submitted;
- other business entities should we plan to merge with or be acquired by that business entity, or if we undergo a re-organisation with that entity; and
- any successor in interest, in the event of a liquidation or administration of Cheesecake Energy.
Your personal data may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA“) to a country not deemed to provide adequate protection of your information by the European Commission, and may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us, or for one of our service providers, related companies, agents or contractors.
When we, or our permitted third parties, transfer your information outside the EEA, we or they will impose contractual obligations on the recipients of that data to protect your information to the standard required in the EEA.
We do not generally rely on your consent as the legal basis for transferring your personal data to outside the EEA, however where we feel it is necessary or appropriate we may seek to rely on your consent as the legal basis for such processing. Where we do, you may withdraw your consent at any time in the manner described below.
How long we keep your information
We will only keep the information we collect about you for as long as required for the purposes set out in this Privacy Statement or as required to comply with any legal obligations to which we are subject being the longest of the following periods:
- a minimum of six years;
- the length of time it is reasonable to keep records to demonstrate compliance with professional or legal obligations;
- any retention period that is required by law; or
- the end of the period in which litigation or investigations might arise.
This will involve us regularly reviewing our files to check that information is accurate, up-to-date and still required.
How we protect your information
We take your online security seriously and have implemented generally accepted standards of technology and operational security to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction. Once we have received your information we will ensure that the collection and use of your information is in accordance with Data Protection Legislation. All personnel of Cheesecake Energy are required to keep personal information confidential and only authorised persons have access to such information.
Please note, however, that the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to us or provided though the Cheesecake Energy website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
You have the option of “unsubscribing” from our mailing list for newsletters, alerts and updates at any time, thereby disabling any further such e-mail communication from being sent to you.
Details of how to unsubscribe will be included on each electronic mailing we send you. Alternatively, just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “URGENT – UNSUBSCRIBE REQUEST” in the subject line and the email address that you wish to be removed within the email.
We will action any opt out request from you without delay, and in any event within one month.
At any time, you have the right:
- to be informed about the processing of your personal data (i.e. for what purposes, what types, to what recipients it is disclosed, storage periods, any third party sources from it was obtained, confirmation of whether we undertake automated decision-making, including profiling, and the logic, significance and envisaged consequences);
- to request access to or a copy of any personal data which we hold about you;
- to rectification of your personal data, if you consider that it is inaccurate;
- to ask us to delete your personal data, if you consider that we do not have the right to hold it;
- to withdraw consent to our processing of your personal data (to the extent such processing is based on previously obtained consent);
- to ask us to stop or start sending you marketing messages (e.g. our newsletter) at any time by using the below contact details;
- to restrict processing of your personal data;
- to data portability (moving some of your personal data elsewhere) in certain circumstances;
- to object to your personal data being processed in certain circumstances; and
- to not to be subject to a decision based on automated processing and to have safeguards put in place if you are being profiled based on your personal data.
If you wish to exercise one of the rights detailed above please do so in writing to the Commercial & IP Manager, Cheesecake Energy, Ingenuity Centre, Triumph Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG7 2TU or by email to email@example.com.
Any request for access to or a copy of your personal data must be in writing to the address or email address above marked “Urgent – Subject Access Request”. We will endeavour to respond within a reasonable period and in any event within one month in compliance with Data Protection Legislation. We will comply with our legal obligations as regards your rights as a data subject.
We will correct any incorrect or incomplete information and will stop processing your personal data, or erase it, where there is no legal reason for us to continue to hold or use that information.
We aim to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate at all times. To assist us in ensuring that your information is up to date, do let us know if any of your personal details change.
If you have any concerns about our use of your information, you also have the right (as a UK resident) to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office, which regulates and supervises the use of personal data in the UK, via their helpline on 0303 123 1113.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail using the details provided below:
Cheesecake Energy Ltd Ingenuity Centre, Triumph Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG7 2TU, Nottingham, NTT, NG7 2TU, United Kingdom